Monday, October 26, 2015

David's Birthday

Ah!  I'm getting behind again!  I need to write about David's birthday before I forget about it.

David turned 46 this year.  Oh how I love that man!  He just keeps getting better with age!  I'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't the most exciting day for him.  It was a Tuesday, after all.  And Tuesdays are busy.

He did his usual morning routine.  The kids gave him his presents after our scripture study.  He got several old, used, out-of-print Sci-Fi books that he remembered loving in his childhood.  Also, a tool or two and a treat or two.  Hardly a single surprise in the whole bunch. But he acted thrilled and the kids were satisfied that he liked his presents.

Notice Cookie supervising from the window.


The lighting isn't that great for photos in that room in the morning, but we're not going to relocate just for better pictures.

David always has an early morning work meeting on Tuesdays, so he was out the door pretty early. He had a busy day, but was able to stop and get himself a delicious burger for lunch. For dinner, we ate Papa Murphy's pizza.  Then, he ran out the door with Josh for soccer practice.  Meanwhile, the Young Women came over to my house for our weekly activity.  We had a lesson on family history.  Nothing says, "Happy Birthday, Dave!" quite like, "Can you coral all the kids in the basement for a couple of hours and put them to bed for me?" Poor David.  Poor, poor David.
David's "birthday party."

Alison is loitering by the highchair in black and white.

The good news is, the Young Women activity was done early.  We were able to eat a delicious homemade Haagen-dazs ice cream pie (that my mother made for his birthday) and watch television together.  Hanging out together and watching TV is one of our favorite things to do.  It was a good end for a birthday.
"I'm HOW old?!?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment