Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Oh how I LOVE Thanksgiving!!!  I love autumn, I love spending time with family, I love delicious food, I just LOVE it!

This year, we drove up to Idaho to spend the holiday with David's family.  Dave's parents finished their mission just the week before, so they hadn't even had any time to enjoy their new found freedom yet.  But they sure are amazing and proficient at hosting a huge crowd and making it look easy!
Let em start by saying that I took some terrible pictures this year - I think I was too focused on eating!!!

Can you blame me?  The food was delicious!

Ali was at the big kid table with Maddie, Gracie, Kami and Caden

Here's the medium kid table in the garage (with the ping ping table all set up) The only kids looking at the camera are Nicki and Josh.  The others are:(clockwise from Josh): Nolan, Sander, Isabelle, Hannah, and Addie.

Just restin' and digestin'.


In attendance this year were Grandma and Grandpa Gee (obviously - it was at their house), Aunt Linda, David's cousin Kevin Shirley, who is attending BYU, our family, Suzette and Kory (his kids were with their mom this year), Shawn's family, and Jodi's family.  Kristi was hosting Terry's side of the family this year, and Nathan and Dawn were at Dawn's sister's house in Indiana.

David was not able to take any time off on either side of the holiday, and I wasn't willing to pack all the CRAP it takes to go anywhere just for an overnight-er, so we did an up-and-back-in-one-day trip.  It really wasn't bad at all.  We left at 7:00 a.m, stopping for breakfast in Pocatello. We were at the Gee's by 11:00 a.m.  We had plenty of time to visit, eat, play ping pong, visit some more, ride the 4-wheeler, eat some more, listen to some kids play the piano, eat pie, and visit some more before heading home around 5:30 p.m.  We stopped in McCammon so I could feed the baby, but we were still home at a very decent hour.  All the excitement of seeing their cousins and the anticipation of decorating the tree the next day kept the kids happy and joyful in spite of 7 hours of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment