We had a pretty mellow Memorial day this year. Not that we usually so anything fancy, but this year was particularly mellow. In fact, it wasn't very different from a typical Saturday around here. We woke up and ate "Saturday cereal," which is code for sugary cereal because I make the kids eat healthy cereal on weekdays. Then, we puttered around doing housework, budgeting, reading scriptures, etc. until about 10:00 am. We loaded everyone in the van and went to Ogden to visit my Nanny and Grandpa Smith's' graves. Some day, we'll be able to drive to Delta to visit my Grandpa Church's gave too, or back up to Rexburg for the Gee's and the Shirley's, but not this year. We barely survived the trip to Ogden with all the complaining and fighting and car sickness.
 |
| As you can see, it was a nice, sunny day. |
After the cemetery visit, we drove straight home and I made lunch. The afternoon was spent taking naps, watching TV, reading, playing outside, mowing the lawn, and doing laundry. In the evening, we had our first outdoor barbecue of the summer. That was heavenly! When we were so stuffed we thought we'd pop, we lounged around the yard watching the kids play for a while, then we came inside and put the boys to bed.
 |
| The kids wanted everyone to pose for a picture eating their hamburgers. I'm not sure why... |
 |
| And I'm not sure why they wouldn't look at the camera while they posed either. |
 |
| But they were really yummy hamburgers! |
 |
| Bronson wins the prize for the cutest hamburger eater. |
 |
| With David coming in a close second! |
 |
| Wait! That's not a hamburger! But he's about as big as my hamburger was. And judging by this picture (and several others I didn't post) I'd better lay off the hamburgers for a while. Chub Chub... Quinton looks so cute chubby... Why can't I?!?!? |
And that about sums up our Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment