Up until the very last minute, we weren't sure if David and the girls would be attending Suzette and Kory's wedding. David kept saying that he wouldn't leave me if the baby hadn't been born yet. That's a lot of pressure, people! After a lot of discussion, and knowing that my parents would spend the day with me while he was gone, Dave finally decided to go. I am SO very happy that he went! I would have felt terrible if he'd missed it. Can you just imagine me trying do jumping jacks and eating spicy food and doing everything in my power to go into labor so that it wouldn't be a wasted day? I'd be sobbing the whole day long! Plus, it was an enormous deal for the girls. They had a magical time! Let me tell you about it:
David and the girls left our house around 6:30 in the morning. It's a little nerve-wrecking sending off a couple of girls in sweats, hoping that they can get dressed and do their hair for a wedding all by themselves. I'm sure they did a great job, though. Kristi's sister-in-law hitched a ride up with our crew, also. They just basically watched movies and chatted the whole time.
The girls stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Gee's house, while David went to the temple. Jodi's baby, Creed, was also at the Gee's house, along with Jodi's mother-in-law, who was watching him. I guess Nicki spent some time "helping" babysit. Sorry about that Jodi, I didn't know she'd do that, but she absolutely LOVED it! She came home so excited to tell me all about how darling he is,and how small his fingernails are, and how his oxygen machine works, and everything else. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of her.
Meanwhile, the ceremony was beautiful. Dave said it was packed! Suzette looked stunning and Kory was very dapper. Everything I've heard about the wedding was that it was so special! Just a whole lot of love and joy and celestial happiness for everyone involved!
| The Kunz's! Some of these pictures came from David, but I have to admit I stole a few from friends and family on the internet as well. I just want to share as much as I can! |
After the ceremony and a few pictures in the cold Rexburg air, the gang moved over to the "Grey Church" (in Sugar City) for the luncheon. David picked up our girls on the way. The gymnasium was beautifully transformed in purple and green. Grandma Gee made matching purple skirts for ALL of the granddaughters. They looked lovely! After the meal, there was a short program. Kami choreographed a cute dance for all the cousins to "Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'" like the opening credits of My Best Friend's Wedding. It was darling! Ali and Nicki live too far away to have learned the dance, but they got to participate by carrying the wedding dress train at the beginning. They were happy to do that! Then, a couple of Kory's kids sang songs. His 13 year old wrote a song about how Suzette made such a huge impact in their family when she came along. Dave video taped it for me, and I BAWLED!!! It was very sweet. Kory also sang the song he wrote for Suzette, entitled "More," about how he loves her more and more, and will continue to love her more. It's lovely. And they also sang a duet. I'm sure the whole thing was very nice, and it's probably a good thing that I wasn't present. I'd have to be escorted out in a blubbery, sobbing mess about half way through it. I'm no good with emotions right now.
| Kristi putting a flower on Grandpa Gee. |
| Kami and her crew. |
| The lighting was bad. This cake is actually white and purple. |
| Suzette and the girls with matching skirts. |
I think they headed home shortly after sending off the newlyweds. They got home after 12:30 am. What an exciting day. I'm so happy for everyone! Sue and Kory, their newly formed family, Dave's parents and siblings, and my own little crew that got to share the special day with them.



No comments:
Post a Comment