Thursday, February 20, 2014

Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch...

One of the reasons David dared to leave me for Suzette's wedding was that my parents assured him that they'd keep close tabs on my throughout the day.  So, while David and the girls were having a fabulous time in Idaho, the boys and I had an adventure of our own.  David had our camera, so I don't have any pictures to share - sorry.

We spent much of the day with Grandma and Grandpa Smith.  They picked us up around 10:00 in the morning.  We went to Farmington Station for some good, old fashioned, boy-friendly fun.  We started at Petco.  The boys LOVE to browse all the animals on display.  We saw some pretty fun things this time, including two active tarantulas, some snakes,  ferrets, and a chameleon.   After that, we walked over to the fountains/playground.  The boys played and grandpa watched them while Grandma and I browsed a couple of nearby stores.  Afterwards, we drove to Chick-Fil-A (which everyone knows is my favorite place to eat, right?) and enjoyed a fun lunch.

After lunch, it was nap time.  I took the boys home and put Bronson down.  Josh played on the computer or with his toys for a while, and I straightened up the house, did some laundry, and even rested for a while myself.  My parents returned to their home and did the same sorts of things - worked on church lessons, straightened up, napped, etc.

Grandma and Grandpa came back to get us again around 3:00 or 3:30.  This time, we didn't do as kid-friendly activities and it wasn't as pleasant.  We drove past my little brother's new home in Roy (DARLING!)  This made Joshua very car sick.  Then we drove to Ogden to pick up my kids portraits - again, boring and car-sicky for the kiddos.  Next, we went to the Newgate Mall so I could take advantage of a great sale on hand soap.  We assumed that the boys would have a great time playing at the playland with Grandpa while Grandma and I ran over to Bath and Body Works.  They love the playland in the Layton Hills Mall.  But I guess this one was too big and crowded for Josh.  He refused to even enter the premises.  And Bronson kept running away, over to the coin operated toys.  Ugh.  Not that fun for Grandpa.

After the mall, we decided to eat at Cafe Rio.  I thought my boys behaved very well considering who they are and how long their day had been.  Josh in particular ate a TON of food - he ate about half of my salad too.  I'm not sure my parents would agree with me about the boys' behavior.  They simply aren't used to having little kids around all day long any more.  The boys are certainly loud and active and demanding, but I don't mind - I'm used to it.  I could tell by the time dinner was over that everyone needed a break.  The boys were tired, my parents were tired, and I was tired. It was a very fun, but super-exhausting day.  I hope my parents answer the phone when I call to tell them I'm going to the hospital!  This day may have scared them off!!!

Grandma and Grandpa took us home around 6:30 or 7:00.  I gave the boys a special bubble bath in my big tub, then put them to bed, happy and tired.  Then, I came upstairs and ate ice cream while watching a movie my mom let me borrow.  It's called Miss. Potter. It's about the life of Beatrix Potter, the author of The Tales of Peter Rabbit.  It stars Rene Zellweger and Ewan McGregor.  It was really sweet - but probably not David's type of movie, so I was able to enjoy it all the more without him there.   And that's a quick recap of our fun day while the rest of the crew was in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment