She and Nicole are pretty tight friends. It's so fun to watch them play (when I get the chance - they usually dissappear whenever they're together). They get along so well. I'll share more about them on another post. Today, I just want to share the story of the pizza!
![]() |
| McKenna is the one in the purple shirt behind Joshua. |
After the baptism, Krisitn and Brian said they wanted to treat us all to pizza. There's a small pizza joint in our old neighborhood in Ogden that's kind of a family hang out. It's called the Pizzaria. I remember when it first opened - I was probably 10 years old or so. We loved it there! We'd eat there for family birthdays, after high school football games, on dates, and just for no reason at all. Well, I haven't been in YEARS! It was so fun for me to go back. Nothing has changed AT ALL - except that the juke box has gone digital. I loved showing my kids the huge fish tank and teaching them the joys of Pizzaria cheese bread, etc.
Here's the thing. Kristin and Brian were buying. They are notorious for two things (actually, for many things, but I'm only going to mention two): being very generous and being big eaters! Once, they ate at a Chinese restaurant and the owner came out and yelled at them - "This too much food for two people!" They assured her that they wanted it all and very soon, they were her best friends and customers. These people know how to throw a food party! David later told me that as we sat down, a panicked thought entered his mind, "I DON'T HAVE A PLAN TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION!!!" This was not going to be a diet-friendly event. He decided to just throw in the towel and enjoy himself.
Brian went ahead of the rest of us and ordered. By the time we arrived, he was just finishing up and taking drink orders. First, the salads started coming. Big, beautiful, family-sized salads covered in ham and olives and mozzarella cheese with dozens of dressings to choose from. We ate a LOT of salad. Then the cheese bread came out. TONS of cheese bread. I think there was about a loaf per person! The cheese bread was a HUGE hit with our kids. They talked about it for weeks afterwards.
By the time we ate salad and cheese bread, we were feeling pretty full. Then the pizza train started. I am not kidding when I say that Brian ordered almost a whole pizza per person! It was funny! They just kept coming and coming! There was no more room on the table for them!! Pizza in every flavor you could think of! It was like a delicious nightmare! Attack of the pizzas! We were all laughing and saying, "What was Brian thinking?" but David was like, "Brian's my hero!" We were so full! My dad said it felt like the miracle of the five loaves and two fishes - we ended up with more pizza than we started with! I think every family there went home with a whole pizza and the Holts took home three or four. Luckily for us, it was fast Sunday the next day. I don't think I've ever had an easier time fasting in my life. I wasn't even hungry for 24 hours!!! Thanks for the fun day, Holts!

I'm laughing just reading this, because it rings so true! Aww Brian, you gotta love him. Too bad we couldn't join you for a pizza or two or three!
ReplyDelete