Friday, September 28, 2012

Little Women

On August 27th, my mom called and asked if I'd like her tickets to go see a play.  My parents have season tickets to the Centerpoint Legacy Theater in Centerville, but they had dinner plans that night and weren't sure they'd be able to make it to the play in time.  Of course, I jumped on the opportunity! 

I took Nicole on a date because she needed some one-on-one time with me.  The play was the musical Little Women.  I didn't even know that it WAS a musical, but it was super good!  What a great time we had!  My parents' seats are awesome - right in the middle, about 6 rows from the front.  The cast was great, especially Jo, and the music was wonderful.  I bawled like a baby when Beth died.  Seriously!!!  Bawled!!!  Nicole had seen the movie before, so she knew the storyline very well and enjoyed every minute of it.  She was grinning and giggling the whole time.  Once, she even laughed and spoke out loud during a quiet part of the play, (She said, "Ha, he was like...") then she ducked in embarrassment.  It was darling.  Seeing the play reminded me how much I love that book.  I'm going to have to read it again soon.  Thanks, Mom and Dad for giving us those tickets!!!

After the play, Nicki drove to the airport with me where we picked up Aunt Suzette.  She'd been in China for almost 2 weeks.  It worked out perfectly because her flight came in around 10:30 at night, so we went straight from the play to the airport and met her on the curb.  We stopped at Wendy's and got a frosty while we listened to a few of Sue's adventures, then went home and went straight to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've been busy!! It's been fun catching up on all of your posts:)

    ReplyDelete