Friday, September 28, 2012

Brigham City Temple

On Thursday, August 30th, our family went to the Brigham City Temple open house.  We were part of the first group to go through in the morning.  My parents came with us.  It was VERY early - I think we had to be there before 7:00 am, but it was so beautiful with the sunrise and the cool air.  I loved it!
Driving up to the temple.

Bronson loved the bus ride!

We parked several blocks (or even miles) away from the temple and rode a shuttle bus, which may have been the highlight for Bronson.  The inside of the temple is really quite lovely.  There is a peach blossom theme running throughout the rooms and the colors/decor/light fixtures, etc. are all breathtaking.  But it was a silent tour and it moved VERY quickly.  I felt like we weren't able to really get a good look or sit and feel the spirit of the building.  Luckily, Nicole had presented a Family Home Evening lesson about temples a few days before we went and told us about each room we'd be seeing because I wouldn't have been able to explain it to them as we went.  She was pretty bugged by the whole thing.  As we were going home, she was like, "Mom - I didn't feel ANYTHING!  We were going too fast!  And I didn't even get to read the white scriptures in the celestial room!"  Poor girl - she really had been looking forward to going to the temple for weeks and I think she felt too rushed.  Oh well.  She still got to see how beautiful and special it is - and she ate a couple of cookies after the tour so it wasn't a complete loss!
The whole crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment