Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Birthday

35.  Yep - 35!!!
Alison took this photo.  It's a little creepy!

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year.  It started out a little rough when the butterscotch pull aparts I was making for breakfast spilled all over the oven and almost smoked us out of the house.  But things got better as the day progressed.  I received wonderful, thoughtful presents and cards from my family.  In fact, some of them made me cry.  I had to substitute for a lady in our ward during Sunday School.  I taught the 13 year olds.  It was actually very pleasant and I was able to meet a few potential babysitters, so it was worth the effort! 

After church, we had a quick snack, then we put the boys down for naps. When they woke up, we went to my folks house. My mom cooked a delicious, gigantic turkey feast for my birthday! It was like Thanksgiving II (I think my birthday falls at just the right time of year for Thanksgiving II = Not too close to interfere with the real holiday and long enough since the last one that you're really missing it!) My birthday cake was angel food with fresh fruit and whipped cream. Out of this world! We spent the evening playing "squirt" in the back yard. My kids had never played it before (where you walk around the circle with a squirt bottle and everyone is trying to guess which number, movie, color, state, etc.  you're thinking of. Whoever gets it right gets squirted in the face.) They LOVED it! Even Bronson sat still in his little chair the whole time.  He never guessed the right thing (he just sat there and said nothing at all) so he never got squirted.  So funny and so cute!  It was a very fun birthday!
Opening presents from my parents.  Do you see the CASE of Perrier?!?!  YUMMY!

My very favorite picture for two reasons.  First of all, Nicki took it and she totally missed my face.  Secondly, she captured my mother plotting some evil scheme in the background!  AHHHHH!!  I think I'd better watch my back for a while!

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! That is a scary one of Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave daughter for posting that picture. I still have ways of making your life miserable and NOW I AM PLOTTING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Kelley! That is a really funny picture:)

    ReplyDelete