We enjoyed a wonderful general conference (a.k.a. "candy conference") weekend. What powerful and inspiring talks! I've got a few changes to make in my life, but I'm looking forward to making them and hopefully being a better person for it. The kids did a great job (considering the fact that they're kids.) They love playing the word game during the Sunday morning session and making Fruit Loop necklaces during the Sunday afternoon session. On Sunday evening, at Grandma Gee's house, we lit candles in seven donut holes and sang Happy Birthday to Nicole. She blew out the candles when we were barely one line into the song and giggled at herself the rest of the way through. What a knucklehead!
 |
| Listening for certain words that will earn them a treat from one of the bowls. |
 |
Stopping for a quick pose.
|
I think candy conference got to Nicole - or else maybe she was sick. She gave a lot of her treats away to Alison. On Monday morning, she said she felt sick. It was class picture day, so I tried to encourage her to get ready and maybe she would feel better. However, when I found her vomiting into our kitchen sink, I decided she could stay home after all. She was the only person who got sick in our family and it was only that one time, so I think it was candy related. On the good side, she doesn't really like chocolate anymore.
That evening, we held a special Family Home Evening. We discussed the changes that were going to be taking place in our family - how Dad would be living in Utah and we'd only see him on the weekends for a while. We talked about how each child could make specific contributions to our family to help us get through it. Then, David gave each person a priesthood blessing. It was a beautiful night. So far, I think we're all doing very well. In fact, Nicki is a little disappointed that I'm not crying more. She thinks I must not miss Dad very much because I'm not walking around in tears all the time. I'll have to work on that.
Trust me, Nicki - I'm crying on the inside. I'm just too busy trying to keep the house clean, get ready for an open house, sell our goats, buy a new van, keep up with my Primary calling and PTO duties, keep Bronson alive, keep Josh happy, do homework with girls, bathe, feed, teach, and love everyone to cry on the outside. I had great hopes of losing tons of weight while Dave's gone so that he'd be surprised every time he saw me. So far, that's not really working out. Let me rephrase - I'm not really working out. But it's still early - it could happen!!!
 |
| My two adorable little mess makers in a rare sitting moment. |
Go Kelley!! I was wondering how you're hanging in there. It's hard having the man of the house gone - maybe we should all get together for dinner sometime, or something:)
ReplyDelete