Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nicki's Birthday

Nicole turned seven on April 5th - the first day of Spring Break.  She brought her birthday treats to her class the day before, so she got to celebrate twice! She brought licorice ropes for her class treat and she was treated like a super star!!!  I guess kids really like licorice ropes.

Her birthday was fun.  She woke up and opened presents.  She got a scooter, some new cowgirl boots, a La La Loopsy thingy, an umbrella and three packs of gum!! I can't remember what else - clothes, etc.  She ordered her birthday breakfast a few days in advance - Lucky Charms and apple juice.  What a treat!  Literally - pure sugar for breakfast.

She was pretty much this excited about every present she opened.
 
The kids spent the morning playing with Nicki's new stuff and watching a movie I rented for her birthday while David and I tried to accomplish as much as we could in preparation for his move to Utah.  For lunch, we all drove to Idaho Falls and ate at the Olive Garden.  I have to say, I didn't order very well, but the kids loved their food and certainly ate their money's worth of bread sticks.  She enjoyed having the workers come sing to her.  While we were at lunch, we got a call from someone wanting to see our house that evening.    That kind of re-arranged our schedule a bit.
All decked out in her new outfit and cowgirl boots.

Lovin' the Olive Garden!
 
Since we needed to show our house to an interested buyer, the kids got to spend a couple of hours at Grandma and Grandpa Gee's house in the evening.  That's always a blast!  Grandpa took them for rides on his four wheeler and Grandma fed them left-over Olive Garden food and treats.  They played in the backyard and had a great time.  At one point, Bronson tripped and landed on his face.  Josh tripped on top of him and smashed Bronson's face again.  Poor Bron was pretty banged up.  His face made you cringe for a few days, but I was amazed at how quickly it healed.  I think he has super powers!
Ouch!
 
Once the people were done looking at our house, Dave and I drove over to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We brought Nicki's cake with us.  Nicole said she wanted a vanilla and caramel cake.  I decided to make a "Pretty Darned Good Cake" with a French Vanilla cake mix instead of chocolate.  It was a little too sweet for me, but I think the birthday girl thought it was pretty fantastic and that's all that mattered. 

Man!  We love our girl!  She keeps us hoppin' but we wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment