Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When It Rains, It Pours

Yesterday, I noticed a burning smell in our house.  It was kind of like the smell of the heater turning on for the first time in a year or a curling iron that's been heating up for a LONG time.  I searched the whole house over, but couldn't find the source of the smell.  Then, I got a call asking if someone could come see our house in half an hour, so I just forgot about it for a while. 

As Dave and I were getting ready for bed, the smell returned.  Dave thought it was someone burning something outside, but the air outside was not smoky.  We tore the house apart looking for the source and after about 45 minutes, we found it.  Our heater seems to be broken.  It overheats and wont blow any air out.  Can you believe our heater would die now!?!?!?  Actually, I'm not sure if its dead or just sick, the repair man will be here later today, but either way...REALLY?!?!? I suppose it beats the heck out of a house fire, but still...

In the mean time, it's about 62 degrees and dropping in our house.  Josh's toy car that changes color when you run it under cold water has changed to its cold color.   Dave's coming home for lunch to light a fire for us.  I asked him last night, "Remember when we decided to move forward on this job and we said that if it's not the right move God will stop us?  What exactly does 'stopping us' look like?"  He didn't have an answer.


UPDATE: Sorry about the rant earlier.  I was feeling a bit low at the time.  It's later in the day now.  The repair man has FINALLY gone home - he was here for more than 6 hours.  It was a tricky repair, but we're so happy that it was able to be fixed.  It was only $350 instead of the thousands it would have been to replace the furnace. In the meantime, I had no choice but to bake cookies to warm up the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I am not the only one that starts feeling that way. After we lost the first house we thought we had one thing after another kept happening trying to get the one we have. I finally said if anything else happens we are just renting. Well something did happen, but it was after we had signed, but was resolved quickly. After seeing the house again we know it was the right thing, but man it was hard getting there!!!

    ReplyDelete