Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Green Day

As Luck-O'-The-Irish would have it, our entire family was healthy just in time for St. Patty's Day (or Green Day, as Nicki calls it).
 



















The kids woke up happy and excited.  The excitement grew when they had green milk on their breakfast cereal.  Yummy. 

Each girl wore as much green as they could find, including green hair spray and green eye shadow. I was feeling a little bit self conscience about it until I saw our neighbor, Maddie at the bus stop.  She had her whole head painted green!

After Kindergarten, Nicole's friend Emma came home with us.  They played inside and outside for a few hours.   For lunch, they had green macaroni and cheese, peas, and green applesauce.  Then, we made green cupcakes.  We sent a few home with Emma and kept a few for our family. 

Eating the batter.  And I wonder how my kids get sick!
Alison also had a play date after school.  She went to her friend, Abby's house.  I picked her up just in time for an Irish dinner.  Grandpa Gee and Suzette came to celebrate with us.  Grandma Gee had a Relief Society dinner, so she couldn't come. 

We had our table all decked out with a green table cloth, green cups, and green centerpiece.  We ate corned beef and cabbage, dilly bread, asparagus, broccoflower, green Jell-O, and green punch.  Of course, we ate our green cupcakes as well.  It was Grandpa and Sue's first time eating corned beef.  I don't think it's going to be their birthday dinner from now on or anything, but I think they liked it.
I forgot to take pictures until after the dinner was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment