In early July, the A/C went out. Plus, there was a crazy noise coming from the depths of the engine. So we took her into our favorite local shop. They took a look under the hood, and called us with the bad news. There were multiple problems with the old gal. It would cost thousands - literally thousands - of dollars for us to fix her. And who knew how long it would be until she busted something else? It was time to say goodbye. I know it was the Lord blessing me so that we didn't get stranded in the middle of a crowded California freeway a few weeks later.
| The old, nameless beast. |
Anyway...we went car shopping. I cried on the first day. Cars are so expensive! On the second day (the 4th of July) David and I went together. It was less painful when he was there to share the sticker shock with me. By the end of the day, we pretty much had it narrowed down to one or two cars.
On July 5th, Alison watched the boys while Nicole and I went car shopping. I will not bore you with the intricate details, but after a very long day (did I mention I hate car shopping?), test driving a couple more vans, waiting in a car showroom for hours, making several calls back-and-forth to David while he was at work, and feeling like we were financially accosted, we came home with the most gorgeous white minivan you've ever seen!
I really love her. She's no spring chicken, but she has pretty low miles and she purrs like a kitten. She's got a dvd player, a fancy touch-screen computer, and fully-functioning air conditioning! We named her Pearl. Her full name is "The Pearl of Great Price" for two reasons: we sold everything we have to posses her and we've cast her before swine (our grubby little munchkins) who trample her under their feet! I'm writing this entry almost two months later, and I still smile every time I climb into her! Pearl and I are BFFs!
Pearl before swine. You crack me up!!!
ReplyDelete