Friday, October 28, 2016

David's Birthday

Five days after Alison's birthday is David's Birthday.  Let's be honest - parent birthdays aren't quite as exciting as kid ones. But we did the best we could.

I'm sure I don't even have to say how much I love this man!  I think my friends and ward members are getting sick of me telling them how crazy I am about him.  But it's the truth.  He is my rock.  He gets me, and he gets the gospel, and he gets physics, and he gets poetry, and jokes, and chicken coop building, and Spanish, and Isaiah, and medical stuff, and on and on and on. But most impressively, he gets me. He has done more than his fair share of carrying me this past year as I've struggled with health issues.  What a man!  No wonder I feel sorry for everyone else who didn't marry him!
The birthday boy!  I LOVE his beard.  He shaved it off already and I miss it.

Somehow, I forgot to take pictures of him opening his presents in the morning, but you've seen a million just like it so I'm sure you'll live.  I'm afraid the day was pretty much a normal one.   He just went to work.  He didn't even tell a single one of his patients that it was his birthday!  Can you imagine?!?!  I tell everyone!  He came home from work just long enough to hurriedly eat his birthday dinner (lasagna and bread sticks), then he took Joshua to his soccer practice.  I stayed home and did the dishes for him.  

Of course, he had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  See what I did with the candles there?  4 for 40 and 7 singles...

This boys sure love their dad!  

No comments:

Post a Comment