Friday, March 25, 2016

St. Patty's Day

I wasn't feeling terribly Irish this St. Patty's day, so I just took green food coloring to everything I could get my hands on.  At the top o' the mornin', we had green oatmeal and green milk.  The kids were mad - they wanted Lucky Charms or something, but it was a school day, so I wouldn't let them.  Mean, I know.
This little fella dropped by to wish me a happy day and leave an Irish blessing on our home. I was not pleased.  I was unable to verify that he actually died, because he was swept down the drain, but I haven't seen him again, so I think he took the hint.

Dinner was pretty green - peas, food coloered yellow death (mac n' cheese), green apple sauce, limeade, and chicken (which isn't green at all, is it? My kids said it was the gold at the end of the rainbow).
Speaking of rainbows, we had a lovely fruit rainbow with a fruit dip cloud for our meal.  Isn't it darling? Yes, I know black isn't a color of the rainbow - I was going for purple.

And for dessert, we ate rainbow cupcakes (even the cake inside the wrapper was rainbow)  and little pots of gold.  

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks really divine and exciting except for the spider. He doesn't fit with the pictures somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really Amy that commented:)

    ReplyDelete