Thursday, August 27, 2015

More Summer Shinannigans

More summer pictures?  Yes please.


One Tech Free Tuesday, I taped a big roll of paper to the fence and let the kids draw a big mural.

It kept them busy for a long time.  Here is a portion of it.  

Meanwhile, Quinton colored himself with the markers. 
How did he even get that one back there?

He was very proud of his artistic skills.
Another Tech Free Tuesday activity: GAK!  Each kid made their own batch and chose the color.  This was another thing that kept them busy for hours - and days and days...they still love it!  The recipe for gak is in my family cookbook (the second one, I think). if you want it.

This is from a family get together at Katie's house.  We came to hear stories about Megan's trek experience.   
We were able to have play dates with Payton and McKenna a couple of times.  Here, they are playing with GAK!  They made their own batches too!  I think they liked it as much as my kids.

We also did water balloon pinatas with Pyaton and McKenna, but somehow they avoided the camera.  
And no summer would be complete without setting up the Zhu-Zhu Pet city at least once. You know, those things aren't nearly as annoying when your kids are old enough to put them together themselves!  Maybe I won't burn them in an attempt at exorcism after all.  Nicki's friend, Adelle and Alison are setting them up while Quinton supervises.    


No comments:

Post a Comment