Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bronson's Birthday!

Little Bronson Isaiah turned four years old on October 11th!  He's getting so OLD!!!
I sure love my Bronny Boy!  He and I get to spend our mornings together while the older kids are at school.  Especially when Quinton naps, we get to have one-on-one time, working on little preschool lessons, doing chores together, etc.  We're really good pals.   He's such a sweet, kind little boy (especially when he doesn't have the older kids overshadowing him) and the world's biggest chatterbox!  He talks CONSTANTLY!  We have a running conversation going the entire time he's awake.  

Bronson loves to ask questions, and he REALLY loves to be told "'yes," so he's keeps  rephrasing his questions until he gets the right response.  ie:  B: "Can I go in the front yard?"  Me: "No, honey."  B: "No, I mean can I go in the backyard?"  Me: "Not right now.  It's dinner time."  B: "No, I mean can I go in the back yard later?"  Me: "Yes, you can go later."    Only then can we drop the line of investigation.

Bronson's birthday fell on a Saturday this year.  That's the BEST!!!  He opened his presents in the morning.  He got some pretty fun toys, along with a new T-shirt and some treats.

Then we had pancakes for breakfast.  Daddy made a special HUGE pancake for the birthday boy.  Everyone thought that was pretty cool!  The kids spent the next hour or so playing with Bronson's new toys while I baked his cake and got everything set for the rest of the day.  

We went to Josh's last soccer game of the season later that morning.  After it was over, we went to a park and ate a picnic lunch.  Bronson chose his favorite things - Lunchables and Cheetos!   David and I don't see the coolness of Lunchables, so we just ate sandwiches, but all of the kids loved them.

Grandma and Grandpa Smith and Grandma Church joined us at the park.  Somehow, they escaped the camera so I don't have any pictures of them.  They gave Bronson their gifts, then watched  for a while as the kids played on the playground and walked by the duck-filled stream, etc.  It was a very nice afternoon.

Speaking of Grandma Smith's present reminds me of something else I really love about Bronson.  He is very generous.  He eagerly and openly shares everything he has with others.  He would happily give away his last piece of candy, which is something completely foreign to my other kids.  When he discovered a whole package of Oreos in his birthday present from Grandma Smith, his eyes lit up, he got a huge smile, and he squealed in delight!  The older kids instantly started chirping like hungry baby birds, "Can I have one? Can I have one?"  Bronson, with a huge smile burst out excitedly, "SURE!  Edryone tan had some!  We tan eat den ALL RIGHT NOW!"  Then, he proceeded to pass them out to everyone in attendance - even the adults.  It was very cute.

After the park, we came home so that the birthday boy and his baby brother could get their naps in.  That's when I decorated his birthday cake and made homemade pizza dough.  When he woke up, he played some more with his siblings and his new toys.

For dinner, he chose two more of his favorite foods:  homemade pizza and cornbread.  Nice combo, I know - but birthdays only come once per year!  That beauty is my pizza - Bronson's had a couple pieces of Canadian Bacon and pineapple on it - but mostly just cheese.  While we ate, we watched "Walking with Dinosaurs." Bronson loves dinos, but he actually wasn't very interested in the movie after dinner.  He wanted to play with his new toys instead.  That was fine with me because one of his presents was bathtub finger paint, so I gave him his bath while the older kids finished the movie.   Win/win!
Bron picked out the cake (funfetti) and the frosting at the store a day or two before his birthday.  It CAME that blue!  And the sprinkles are little fish.  So I got creative and made a shark fin.  As you can see, the black frosting gave me a bit of trouble.  But Bronny didn't mind.  He thought it was "awes-tom!"

Thank heaven we have this little whirlwind blowing through our house!  I can't imagine life without him.  He's exhausting a lot of the time, and he's certainly a handful, but his powerful personality will serve him well as he gets older.  I can't wait to watch him grow up!  It's going to be a wild, crazy ride, but I think whatever happens, it will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment