Monday, August 11, 2014

Stay-cation Day 4

Day 4 of our little stay-cation happened to be the 24th of July.  Pioneer Day!  I wish I could say we jumped out of bed and greeted it with a song, but we didn't.  We slept in.  For a LONG time!!!  We were all recovering from a busy week and a late night.

Later that morning, I left for a while and went shopping at Ulta (a cosmetics store) without ANY children.  It was like heaven for me!  I could browse, and study, and read labels, and even talk to a sales person for awhile without anyone whining or collapsing on the floor or running up and down the aisles or grabbing stuff off the shelf.  I could hardly contain my excitement!

So, the whole first half of the day was spent recovering.  We ate normal, healthy food.  We let the kids play in the neighborhood with their friends.  We sat around and watched TV while folding loads and loads of laundry.  Not very vacation-y stuff, but totally welcome and necessary.

In the afternoon, we went to Layton's Taste Of The Town.  It is one of the huge Chamber Of Commerce events that my dad is in charge of.  I've gone every year since we moved to Utah.  I love it.  Shocker, I know - a food event that I like...
Quinton supervised.

Yummy!

Payton, Brian (who had shoulder surgery on July 3rd -- his arm is in a huge brace), Kristin, McKenna's beautiful curly hair, Megan scowling at the camera, Nicole, and Grandma Smith.

Alison. And my mom heading out for another round of food.

I'm not sure what Bronson's eating, but it looks like he thinks it's good.

Quinton and Kristin dancing to the music.  There was a live band.

We got free sunglasses at one of the booths.  Nicole's stylin'. 
My mom working at the ticket booth.

Mom and Dad working at the booth.


Just hanging out.

The Man!

After Taste Of The Town, we stopped at a fireworks stand and bought a few fireworks.  We then went home and set them off.  Dave called it our "Driveway of Fire!"  We wanted to get the kids to bed at a decent hour, so we did it pretty early.  In fact, the ones that shot up in the air were hard to see.  You just saw a little puff of smoke instead of a light.  Hee hee. Oh well, the kids loved it!.
Bronson throwing his Pop-It's on the ground.

Alison's ready for the Driveway Of Fire to begin.

Josh, Bronson (who doesn't like loud sounds), Nicole, and three neighbor kids watching our little show.

No comments:

Post a Comment