Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Halls Are Decked

I really love my green and red Christmas tree!  I look forward to seeing it all year long.  When it's up, it makes me smile on a daily basis.  My girls, however, don't feel the same way.  They remember when they were young and we had different looking trees each year.  They miss the home made gingerbread and dehydrated orange slices tree.  They miss the silver and gold tree.  They want VARIETY!

So, being the wonderful mother that I am, I relinquished my dreams of the treasured red and green designer tree this year.  I let the kids do something a little different.  We pulled out the ornaments that I bought when I was a newlywed getting ready to deck our very own halls for the first time.  I bought a roll of fancy ribbon and a few extra snowflake ornaments, and I embraced the idea of having a different tree.

The kids did all the work (post lights and ribbon).  All I had to do was sit on the couch and hand out ornaments.  They did a great job.  We have a very lovely tree this year and you know what?  It makes me smile on a daily basis too!

No comments:

Post a Comment