Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Best. Day. Ever.

It may seem like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.  I LOVE the Greek Food Festival!  It ranks right up there with Christmas and birthdays.
Wow.  What can I say?  Sometimes my beauty amazes even me.

This year was extra special.  For the first time in over a decade, I was able to attend the event with my soul mate in food obsessions - Kristin Holt.  Special thanks goes out to my husband, who kindly took half a day off work just to babysit the boys so I could go without them.





Kristin's giddy.

Kris getting THREE boxes of Loukomathes...

which are these - scone bites drenched in honey and cinnamon.

This year in particular, I had been CRAVING Greek food for months.  I seriously wasn't sure if I could make it until the end of September!  But it was worth the wait!  I can't even explain how happy it all makes me!
Between the two of us, we got a lot of food (but not as much as other people.  One woman brought a cooler and literally bought 50 or more dolmathes!)

This is my loot.  Oh, I'm dying just looking at it again!  Maybe I should bring a cooler next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment