Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Father's Day

I love David Gee.  He is a good man.  I mean a really good man.  Dave "gets it."  That's the best way I can describe him.  He "gets it" and he "gets me" most of the time.  He sees the big picture (way better than I do).  He has a strong testimony of the Savior and the restored gospel on the earth and he is truly the leader in our home when it comes to prayer, scripture study, and Family Home Evening.  He's very smart  - he understands a little about everything and a lot about most things.  He's also sensitive to other people's feelings (although sometimes he just doesn't care).  He has great perspective and often helps me see things in a better light than I naturally see them.  He's genuinely funny, but never at other people's expense (which is a really big deal to me).  Sometimes he drives me batty with his little everyday quirks, but even when he does, I know that he "gets it."  I am so blessed to have David in my life.
The kids are pretty blessed to have Dad in their lives too.

I think Dave had a good Father's Day this year.  He got a few bottles of Dad's Soda Pop in different flavors.  He also got new shorts and new Crocs.  Pretty exciting stuff!  I made him a delicious fancy breakfast, but that's not very different from every morning.  He always has delicious fancy breakfasts!    We both had to teach in Sunday School - Dave in Gospel Essentials and me in Gospel Doctrine, so we spent the morning practicing our lessons on each other.  That's actually really fun for us. 
Of course, you know that whatever gift you get for Father's Day has to be shared with your children. 
After church, we went to my parent's house.  Kristin's family and Scott and Katie were there too.  Katie's family came a little later.  We had stuffed manicotti, antipasto salad, bread sticks, stuffed mushrooms and sawdust salad.   It was very delicious and very rich!  For dessert, we ate Fat Boys (no pun intended).   Poor Kristin got sick after dinner.  I felt so bad for her - I got sick on lasagna once and it was not something I'd wish on anyone!  She and her family had to leave early.  The rest of us stayed and played a funny group-charade game.  I don't mean to toot my own horn but BOY!  AM I FANTASTIC!!!  Hee hee.  Sadly, I have no pictures to prove any of it.  You'll just have to believe me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment