I have to write a couple of funny things our kids have said before I forget them: They may not seem funny to you, but they've had me giggling all week.
- Our family is very much into super heroes. Josh (and honestly, all of us) love the Justice League cartoons, as well as just about any super hero movie. We often have lengthy discussions about which super powers we'd like to have and which super hero would beat another super hero in battle. Anyway, David and the girls were watching "The Avengers." They were about half way through the final battle scene when Nicki, very thoughtfully said, "You know, if Superman was in this movie, they'd be done already." Ha ha! Very astute observation! ANY fight with Superman in it is over before it begins.
- Our girls were half way through breakfast this morning before we reminded them that it was fast Sunday. We were discussing what to do about our little mix up. Alison is pretty sick with a head cold and Nicole is still pretty new to the whole fasting thing, so I was saying, "Maybe you could just eat breakfast, then skip lunch, snacks, and any treats at church. You could still eat dinner today. It won't be perfect, but it will be okay for today." Josh, who has a little social anxiety and hates going to church, piped up with, "I know, Mom! I'm going to eat breakfast, then skip church!" Not quite the fast I was thinking of...nice try, though.
- Speaking of Josh, he is completely potty trained during daylight hours, but he wets his bed almost every night. We put him in pull up diapers, but they can't hold it all in and they leak. I have to strip his bed every single morning! It's getting pretty old. I'm happy that he's such a deep sleeper, especially since he shares a room with Bronson the crib shaker, but the down side is that he doesn't feel the urge to use the potty. Anyway, he came into my room this morning to say hello. We talked for a minute, then I asked, "Josh, is your bed wet?" He grinned and said, "I don't want to talk about it yet," and walked away. I guess that answered that.
- Bronson still doesn't use many words. He acts out lots of things and/or uses the sound they make to describe them to us. For instance, his workd for "cow" is "moo" and his word for "car" is "vroom." His word for "trampoline" is jumping up and down on the ground. So the other day, we were reading the scriptures as a family. Bronson takes his turn by repeating a few words at a time while one of us parents reads a verse with him. We'll say, "And it came to pas..." and Bronny will repeat, "Paa..." We were reading about the Nephite soldiers tricking the Laminite guards to get drunk so they could slip past them in the night. Dave said something like, "And they took..." Bronny: "too..." Dave: "and drank..." Bronny, "Shclllllllp" he made a slupring sound. We all laughed and laughed!
- Bronson has a hard time saying his own name. When you ask him what his name is, he says, "two!" Then you'll say, "Yes! You're two. But what's your name?" He'll usually say "Me" or "Mine." When you say, "Your name is Bronson. Can you say Bronson?" He'll say "No." "How about Bron? Can you say Bron?" Then, he'll say, "Bum!" and point to his bum. Great. My son thinks I named him Bum. The older kids think it's hillarious, but I'm trying to get him to learn his real name.
- Alison just walked into the room putting on an impressive display of sickness. I wondered how much of the drama was real and how much would magically dissappear if it were tomorrow and she was going on a field trip... She had her eyes half shut, her shoulders were stooped, her nose pink and stuffy. She was moving very slowly, holding a dirty tissue. In a low, groggy, stuffed up voice, she said, "Mom?" I braced myself for whatever was coming next and said, "Yes, Al." She said, "Will you remind me to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 tomorrow?" What?!?!? Not what I was expecting. I said, "Okay...why?" "Because I want to watch it tomorrow and I don't want to forget." and she slumped away. Oh. Of course.
kids! THey're so funny!! I've been missing you-coming anytime soon?
ReplyDelete