Whenever we talk about growing up, or if we ever ask what he wants to be when he grows up, Josh tells us this: "Right now I'm a boy, but when I grow up, I'm going to be a big, blue T-Rex!" He's totally serious and 100% confident that it's going to happen. I'm not going to be the one to tell him that he can't change species when he grows up! I'm gonna let this dream fly for as long as he wants it to. Other boys want to be superheroes, why not a blue T-Rex, right?
The other day, Nicki was complaining about something so I told her, "When you're married and have your own home you can make your own rules too." Josh thought that was hilarious. He laughed and said, "Mom! Nicki can't get married! She's a girl!" I said, "Right now she is, but someday she'll grow up and she'll be a mommy just like me." Josh thought for a while and said, "Yeah. When Nicki grows up she'll be a mommy and when I grow up, I'll be a blue T-Rex." Okay! I just hope he'll be a NICE T-Rex.
Awwww! I think a big blue T-Rex is a good idea to!
ReplyDelete