Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Few Happenings.

The boys and I have been sick for a couple of months.  It's been a strange, on-again-off-again sickness with multiple symptoms.  I kept thinking I was getting better, then I'd get bad again or show some other symptom.  Same with the boys.  I took Bronson in to the doctor a month ago and he got some medicines, but they didn't help.  Finally, last Thursday we went in and had Bronson's chest x-rayed.  The doctor said it showed some spots in his right lung and prescribed an antibiotic.  Josh got the same antibiotic only for an ear infection, and I got the same antibiotic just so I wouldn't feel left out.  I THINK I'm finally getting better (or not...) but the boys are about the same as always.  Yesterday, I took them in to the Ear Nose and Throat specialist, who is also the city's allergy specialist.  We're HOPEFULLY going to get to the bottom of this.  We're getting both boys allergy tested next week (anyone want to come with me?  It's gonna be totally awesome to scratch each of their backs 54 times).  I guess once we know what the triggers are, we can work to get them out of their lives.  With our luck, they'll be allergic to cats, goats, chickens, and sisters or something like that.

Yesterday as I was unloading the kids from our van after an afternoon in town, I heard a strange noise.  It sounded a bit like a bird or something.  I followed the sound and was led to my front porch, where I found a darling little kitten hidden in a corner behind some old flower pots.  She came out of her hiding place and cuddled up to the kids.  They fell instantly in love with her, of course.  Who wouldn't?  David, who acts like a tough guy, was almost instantly taken by her when he got home from work.  I could see it in his eyes.  In fact, I had to remind him that we're in the process of figuring out if our children are allergic to cats so it's not the best time to be adding another one to our family.

Still, with the number of mice living on our property, I'm a BIG fan of keeping as many cats as possible around the yard.  She really is a beauty!  She's white with tan and light gray markings and big, almost cross-eyed yellow eyes.  She's super friendly and playful and very persistent.  She slept on our front porch last night.  She hasn't left our yard since we found her.  The only family member who is NOT happy about the whole thing is Cookie.  She's freaking out.  We'll have to see how this whole thing plays out.  Stay tuned...

This morning, a good friend of mine rang the doorbell and gave me a candy bar bouquet.  There was a note attached that said, "Just a quick note to say thanks for being you."   Can you believe that?  What a complete surprise!  She obviously knows me well enough to know that I've never met a candy bar I didn't like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment