| He's not sleeping, he's in musical bliss. |
Church was nice...for me. I was speaking in sacrament meeting and substituting for the primary chorister, so David had the kids with him the whole time. Luckily for him, Grandma and Grandpa Gee came and helped him wrestle the kids during sacrament meeting. Bronson's present to Dad was falling asleep during Elders Quorum meeting.
After church, we stopped at the house to change clothes and pick up presents, then we drove to Grandma and Grandpa Gee's house. Sue, Kristi's family, and Grandma Shirley were all there too. We ate a delicious dinner consisting of some of the fathers' favorite foods. I brought cheesy potatoes for David. Then, we had a little Fathers' Day/birthday party for Grandpa Gee. His birthday was actually the following day, but he and Grandma planned on doing something alone then. So we celebrated all at once. There was both a chocolate birthday cake and an ice cream cake to choose from. Yum! We had a fun visit and stayed until it was past the kids bed time.
I hope David had a nice day. It wasn't really that different from any other day. The kids and I sure love that man. I think we try pretty hard to show him that every day, so maybe that's why Father's Day seemed pretty normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment